Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:48:32 +0800
From:      Alvin Sim <bsd140870@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Jason Litz <jlitz@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual boot problem with win2000

i have a similar setup but am using win2k's bootloader to boot freebsd.
assuming freebsd is on 2nd primary partition, try this:-

1. boot into freebsd
2. su to root
3. dd if=/dev/rad0s2a of=/dev/fd0/freebsd.pbr bs=512 count=1
4. restart to win2k
5. copy a:\freebsd.pbr to c:\
6. edit boot.ini (remove hidden & read attrib) and add to last line
as follows:-
            C:\freebsd.pbr="FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE"

HTH

--