Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:42:34 -0500
From:      "Richard Secor" <rsecor@seqlogic.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Markus Holmberg" <saska@acc.umu.se>
Subject:   Re: Suffering from IDE hd spin downs (already turned off in BIOS)

hmmm... close to my new problem....

I had an 8.4gb Maxtor IDE in the puter....

put in 12gb (something close to this) Maxtor IDEs in the same puter....

the 2 12gb drives consistantly spin down if idele for what seems like 1/2 a
second
    (probably a little closer to 5 to 15 secs in reality)

the 8.4gb is ok and is working the same...

try figuring that out

note:  all power manegment was turned off when this started.
         i since went into the bios and put power management on user
defined.
                then i turned everything off.

-=Richard Secor
   Sequential Logic=-