Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:15:34 +0000
From:      Nikolay Denev <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
To:        Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ECMP hash keys?

Hi,

Currently it's implemented using Modulo-N Hash (RFC2991), see
radix_mpath.c:rtalloc_mpath_fib()

And as hash the xor of source and destination IP is supplied, look for
rtalloc_mpath_fib() in ip_output.c :

   #ifdef RADIX_MPATH
                        rtalloc_mpath_fib(ro,
                            ntohl(ip->ip_src.s_addr ^ ip->ip_dst.s_addr),
                            inp ? inp->inp_inc.inc_fibnum : M_GETFIB(m));
   #else

I've tried to hack this to use m_pkthdr.flowid if it exists, but in my
case my network cards were not setting this (vr(4) on soekris) so I
did not saw any change. Maybe my idea was completely wrong, but the
XOR of src and dst IP is 4 bytes, and this is the size of the flowid
as well. (haven't tried with FLOWTABLE enabled though).

--Nikolay