Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:05:48 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Nathan Ahlstrom" <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Presenting FreeBSD to a Linux Users Group?

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:35:05 -0400 (EDT), James A. Mutter wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Nathan Ahlstrom wrote:

>:Recently the neighborhood Linux Users Groups asked me to do a
>:presentation on FreeBSD for them.

Besides the good points Jim made I wanted to ad one...
Present the idea that different people like different things and that
the only true way to find if an OS is the right one for them is to give
it a try.

The main reason for this comment is to leave the avenue open for
co-existence. OSs are at times a very subjective matter which have
nothing to do with the OSs themselves, but with the philosophies of
those that manage them. Given that, trying to change people may not
work, because they simply like "the philosophy" of the other OS.... it
also is an invitation to "try" it.