Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 06:28:49 -0500
From:      "Will Senn" <wsenn@postfuture.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sounblaster 16 and FBSDi4.0

I figured I would give this one last shot.  I cannot get my Soundblaster 16 to work with freebsd.  Here are my settings (jumpered)
Port 0x220
Irq  7
Dma1 1
Dma2 6
MPU  disabled (or 300)
MIDI 388

All of the documentation that I have seen on sound has referred to the snd0 device.  This device has been deprecated?  The LINT file
refers to a newpcm device.  When I add the device pcm and device sbc0 lines to my config file and recompile the kernel, I still do
not have sound.  I tried sh MAKEDEV pcm from the /dev directory (sort of like sh MAKEDEV snd0?)

Help!

Thanks,

Will
mailto:wsenn@postfuture.com