Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:47:24 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Dragon Knight <dragonknight@dtgnet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need advice on what motherboard to pick (and SCSI controller +  drive)

As you may mean the message from me, other than the fact that you cannot disable
the NIC, the board is great.  You can set the board to boot off the SCSI disks
first with IDE installed, it allows you to boot of the C, D, E, F, CD,
LS-120/IDE ZIP, etc.  I have had no troubles with my system but for the NIC
(which you can disable if you plug enough IRQs) and that first night with the
floppy.  Even Winblows runs fairly well.

Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu