Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 21:56:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Patrick Walentiny <pezzy@vntech.com>
To:        ndk|Ralph| <byte-runner@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do i

In the kernel config file (/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC)
there are options a few lines down
# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
#options        SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
#options        APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

uncomment the correct ones, and recompile the kernel...
Warning: don't do this uninformed there is a section in the FreeBSD
handbook that has instructions on how to recompile the kernel.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook