Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:47:10 +0200
From:      "=?utf-8?Q?tlp@voila.fr?=" <tlp@voila.fr>
To:        "=?utf-8?Q?freebsd-mobile?=" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?an_driver_and_thinkpad_T30_Aironet_card?=

I've read that other persons have the same problem but I've never found any answers that make it work.

I'm trying to configure the an driver for making it recognise a mini-pci Aironet 350 series.

I've added some lines to the if_an_pci.c to make the driver recognise the card, it worked but at boot time I had an error of port
mapping , by changing  the AN_PCI_LOIO value to 0x10

here is the configuration I have

#define AIRONET_DEVICEID_a504	0xa504
#define AN_PCI_PLX_LOIO		0x14	/* PLX chip iobase */
#define AN_PCI_LOIO		                     0x10   /* Aironet iobase */

static struct an_type an_devs[] =3D {
       { AIRONET_VENDORID, AIRONET_DEVICEID_a504, "Cisco Aironet 350 Series T30" },
       { AIRONET_VENDORID, AIRONET_DEVICEID_4500, "Aironet PCI4500" },

Now I have some new errors appearing like
                 an0: reset failed
                 an0: unable to configure the card (or something like that)

I've seen that thoses errors comes from the if_an.c file and they are caused by a timeout in the CSR_READ_2 function but I
don't know where to find this function to make it work.

If someone has resolved this problem or can give me a hand on making my card work under freebsd

by the way I'm running freebsd 4.7-RELEASE

thanks in advance