Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:32:19 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: question about ports that need manual downloads

--hxkXGo8AKqTJ+9QI

On 2003.12.23 18:18:00 -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
> Right now several of these ports show up as creating bento build
> errors.  At one time I thought that I had seen some ports that were
> set up to go ahead and try to build on bento if the distfile had
> already been loaded onto it, but I can't find any right now.  Can
> someone point me to an example?  Or is this just a case where
> the meaning of the IGNORE Makevar is overloaded to mean
> "don't build unless distfile exists" as well as "don't build at all"?

The java/linux-sun-jdk13 port seems to build if the distfile exists :

=2Eif !exists(${DISTDIR}/${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX}) && !defined(PACKAGE_BU=
ILDING)
IGNORE=3D You must manually fetch the Java 2 Development Kit ${PORTVERSION}\
        archive (${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX}) from ${DOWNLOAD_URL},\
        download the "Linux GNUZIP Tar shell script" into ${DISTDIR} and\
        then run make again
=2Eendif

Though it probably won't be build a package on bento because the port
also sets NO_CDROM and RESTRICTED.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team