Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 03:26:50 -0500
From:      philuint@erols.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Q: About 2.2.7 and error messages

   Hi. I got FreeBSD 2.2.7 and I installed it.  However, I am having
what it seems to be a major problem. Because I can't run X

   Right after the system probing, I get following message

    Additional routing options:.
    recording kernel -c changes
    additional deamons: syslogd            syslogd: bind: can't assign
requested address
    syslogd: child pid 77 exited with return code 1

    I get this every time when I boot.  And after the installation, I
started X for testing. After that I got a mail with following content.

    From    Cron Daemon
    To        Root