Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 12:44:10 -0400
From:      Ben Wern <bwern@jaxnet.com>
To:        jeff@stat.uconn.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation from an IDE CDROM

>In case any such or similar accident were to happen again, is there a way
>to incorporate my new compiled kernel into the Walnut Creek installation
>program so that my installation would be far quicker if needed in the >future?

Jeff,

There is a boot / install floppy image available on the FTP site that has
ATAPI support built into the kernel. If you boot from this, your CDROM will
become available, and you can do the install from there. MUCH quicker, I
might add. :)

Ben

 bwern@jaxnet.com or bwern@unf.edu
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think
I have ended up where I intended to be."