Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:05:23 -0700
From:      "Ian A. Tegebo" <yontege@rescomp.berkeley.edu>
To:        Gabriel O'Brien <go@quay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAM/SSH/OPIE configuration without /etc/passwd

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:01:52AM -0400, Gabriel O'Brien wrote:
> My goal is to have SSH allow authorized_keys and OPIE authentication but
> deny all other forms of authentication.  Obviously I want authentication
> to be denied if the user has neither configured as well.
>
> # auth
> auth            required        pam_nologin.so          no_warn
> auth            sufficient      pam_opie.so             no_warn no_fake_prompts
> auth            requisite       pam_opieaccess.so       no_warn allow_local
I'm looking at the last line there and the pam_opieaccess manpage:

---
     The pam_opieaccess module is used in conjunction with the pam_opie(8) PAM
     module to ascertain that authentication can proceed by other means (such
     as the pam_unix(8) module) even if OPIE authentication failed.
---

It looks like that pam_opieaccess.so line might be allowing logins to
continue.

My thought would be that you should try this:

--
Ian Tegebo