Date:      21 Jan 1997 23:16:29 +0100
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   What PCMCIA ethernet card supported/recommended?

Hello,

The handbook says that 3com 3c589 and IBM/National Semiconductor
PCMCIA cards are supported. Are these still the only two in -current?

The 3com is pretty expensive, so if there's a cheaper alternative I'd
like it.

I saw some IBM PCMCIA card especially for IBM notebooks: Is this the
supported IBM one, and can it be used in any notebook?

In short, I hope someone can give me some advice on what card is
recommended (without being too expensive) for -current; I'd rather
have direct support and not depend on PAO.

Thanks in advance,

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands    |  for other people to have