Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2006 03:05:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      J V <mg53jo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   dummynet doesn't work

Hello

  I'm new in BSD  and ipfw. Read all docs but still have problem.
  For WAN emulation I trying use dummynet on FreeBSD 6.1 (under Vmware).
  Setup is following
                                                   FreeBSD
  Client PC -  | - NIC lnc1 - VMnet3 -------VMnet0 - NIC lnc0 |  - "Server" PC
  192.168.2.2 |  .2.3 .            2.1              .3.1        .3.3      |       .3.2
  GW .2.3      |                                                                 |   GW .3.3

  On BSD ipfw configured allow ip and icmp from any to any (first two rules).
  When I adding pipes with different bw and delays, it doesn't impact ping
  results from .2.2 to .3.3. at all.
  Here is what I'm adding

ipfw add pipe 3 ip from any to any out

ipfw add pipe 4 ip from any to any in

ipfw pipe 3 config bw 128Kbit/s queue 10 delay 1000ms

ipfw pipe 4 config bw 128Kbit/s queue 30 delay 1000ms

Any help will be appreciated

Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap  PC-to-Phone call rates.