Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:22:23 -0500
From:      John <sephtin@techgodz.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with freebsd access point setup as per sysadmin mag

Although I'm very new to FreeBSD (only since about 4.3 or 4.4...)
I spent hours and hours figuring out how to get my system running -STABLE=
=20
version.
I strongly recommend the handbook first (ALWAYS)... but if you're left=20
scratching your head.. maybe I can confuse you more!  ;)

After I kept making the same mistakes over and over while trying to updat=
e my=20
system to -STABLE.. I finally typed it up in a txt doc.  At a LUG meeting=
, I=20
mentioned it, and several FreeBSD newbies were interested... so I posted =
it=20
on the web.  I just got done updating it.. and I can gaurantee it's not=20
perfect.. but if someone can get some use out of it.....  *SHRUG*

http://www.techgodz.com/freebsd/docs/Upgrade/MakeWorld-current.txt

If anyone has any questions about the doc, feel free to mail=20
john@techgodz.com.  Also, who would I want to get in contact with to get =
more=20
info about how to get involved with handbook people to try to get some=20
clarity on the handbook page for this process... ?

Thanks,
John