Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:07:15 +0200
From:      Freek Nossin <freeknossin@planet.nl>
To:        'Dan Nelson' <dnelson@allantgroup.com>, 'Saul Mena Avila' <saul.hood@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Thanks! and... the su command

Although it is described in the handbook, in my opinion an "error message",
or more generally a "feedback message", should give more useful feedback to
the user. Now the user must think of all the checks that can fail while - in
this case - authenticating, which is rather silly when you think of it,
because the su-command, just did exactly the same, and could have easily
printed a message that would describe the check on which it returned the
error.

- Freek Nossin

PS:
cc to freebsd-?