Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:48:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@Turnaround.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom 10/100 + 56kbps PCMCIA cards

Joe> I noticed a few Linux drivers, but my question was whether anyone
Joe> has successfully had a card like this working (in a laptop, this
Joe> ones a Dell Inspiron 7000) under FreeBSD?

Scott Mitchell <scott@freebsd-uk.eu.org> has been spear heading a port
of the Linux Xircom driver to FreeBSD in the last few months. You can
download the driver from http://www.freebsd-uk.eu.org/~scott/xe_drv
and easily install it in your kernel. There is a mailing list for the
project at freebsd-xircom@lovett.com.

The driver is coming along. But there is a problem with all UNIXes
that can only use one part of a multifunction card at a time, so if
you have one of the Ethernet/modem cards, you can use either the modem
or the Ethernet part, but not both.