Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:40:12 -0000
From:      Martin Tournoy <carpetsmoker@gmail.com>
To:        "mehmet gogebakan" <mgogebakan@neu.edu.tr>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: release 6.1

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:49:42 -0000, mehmet gogebakan  =

<mgogebakan@neu.edu.tr> wrote:

> i would like to install 6.1-RELEASE to my computer , configuration is:=

> 128 MB SDRAM
> LG cdrom 52x
> 8 MB Grafic card
> 40 gb hd
> p3 800 mhz processor
> azza motherboard
> could you please tell me whether this configuration is suitable,  if n=
ot  =

> tell me the minimum configuration it should be..
> thanx....

I prepared the following computer for my brother a while ago:

AMD K-7-2 300 MHz (super socket 7, i586 with some i686 features)
128 MB RAM
32 MB Graphic card

The system runs on FreeBSD 6.0 (system demands for 6.1 didn't change alo=
t,  =

if they changed at all) with Fluxbox as the window manager and XFCE4-pan=
el  =

to provide a "windows-like" panel.

I see alot of computers, and this one actually runs faster then most  =

pentium 4 computers with windows xp.
And not to forget, jus as easy, if not easyer...