Date:      24 Apr 1997 23:55:15 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        chuckr@mat.net, jfieber@indiana.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SGML tools

asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) writes:

>  * If you're gonna do this, I'd kinda want the tex and groff ports to be in
>  * it.  I mean, they're both text formatters ....
>
> See, this is why we never managed to make this category. ;)
>
> This one is for text-to-text converters only.  Anything that can do
> (and usually does) more than that probably goes to print ("desktop
> publishing").

I think xmgr is the only port that isn't either a tex tool or a
postscript tool. If we redefine print to be the category that has
tex and postscript related ports it would probably be a clearer
categorisation. (transfig isn't either and there might be one or two
more but basically it is tex and ps stuff).

--
  Dr Paul Richards, Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Internet: paul@originat.demon.co.uk