Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 02:28:05 -0800
From:      "Rudy Gireyev" <rgireyev@cnmnetwork.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   cl-gd5480

Hi!

Tried this on -questions without much success, hoping for better luck here.

I'm trying to get Xwindows to tame my VGA setup without much luck. The
setup is Cirrus Logic CL-GD5480 card (4Meg) and a 21 inch IBM 9504
Black and White VGA monitor. Funny enough the card is listed in the
XF86config, and I pulled horizontal and vertical refresh rates for the
monitor from the IBM website. When I run startx the screen flickers
and is unreadable, going through resolutions with Ctl-Alt-+ simply
shows different flicker type.
If you have a similar setup and got it to work or (unlike me) you know
what's going on please lemme know.

Thanks Rudy.