Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2008 19:02:43 +1030
From:      "nepbabu" <nepbabucxspamfree@yahoo.ca>
To:        Siraj Shaikh <siraj.shaikh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Manually opening TCP ports

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

Hi Siraj,

Thus spoke Siraj Shaikh on Friday,  7 March 2008 at  7:47:19 +0000:
> Hello
>=20
> I am just wondering if there is a utility (or any feature in FreeBSD)
> that allows me to manually open a TCP port on a machine. I am looking
> for a way that could either allow me to open ALL or many TCP ports on
> a machine.

nc -l <port>

bash:
for ((i=3D1025; i<1035;i++)); do nc -l $i; done

> Also, is there any way of running a service on more than a single
> port, or on all or many ports?

If you load a service and bind them to a port according to different set of=
 configurations, it should be possible but I do not know why one might do t=
hat especially if it has dependencies on lot of other things. But it is pos=
sible definitely.

--=20
Cheers,
Bikal KC (Please use: nepbababucxspamfree_at_yahoo DOT ca)
Journal: http://nepbabu.livejournal.com || pubkey: see header
"Rule 6: There is no Rule 6." - Rob Pike
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities=
=2E" - Fran=C3=A7ois-Marie Arouet

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9--