Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:32:36 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels - SSG <ChrisMic@sbservices.com>
To:        "'Donald R. Tyson'" <tyson@alumni.stanford.org>, "'Jeff Ehrenkrantz'" <admin@gccomm.net>
Subject:   RE: BSD friendly ISP?

Hello,
I was trying to use Bell Atlantic in my area for local access and am unable
to get it to connect.  May I ask what your ppp.conf for bell atlantic looks
like (sans passwords of course)?

I have the proper username and password and have PAP enabled, but when I
dial all I get is...

ppp ON cartman>dial banet
ppp ON cartman> (various connection noises)
Ppp ON cartman>
ppp ON cartman> (*click* it disconnects)

I take it from the man page that this means it's not authenticating
properly.  The problem is that I'm POSITIVE I have the proper username and
password (and the proper case).  These have been verified.

Any ideas anyone?

-Chris