Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:31:47 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Ronny Hippler <bmwz3@attglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /var/run/ pid files

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:40:52AM -0400, Ronny Hippler wrote:
> 	What controls the creation of the pid files in the /var/run/ directory?=
=20

afaik, sometimes you have to create them yourself.  Some programmes
don't have an option to create one.  This can be done easily using a
combination of ps, grep and awk ;)  There's probably a more professional
way of doing it, but I don't know (I'd be interested to hear though ;)

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--=20
I didn't like the play, but I saw it under adverse conditions.  The
curtain was up.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jab:lewiz@jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O--