Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2008 03:06:17 +0100
From:      Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating a CUPS printer instance from web interface?

> The base page for CUPS has a button labeled "Add Printer".
> On *my* setup, anyway.

On mine too.
> What it really does is add a queue, so you can do it any number of times
> for the same physical printer.

I did not know that! But it is not clear in the docs. CUPS talks about
"printers" and "printer instances". They recommend using lpoptions to
create instances, and use them. Moreover, "printer instances" the way
they are created with lpoptions are NOT available from the gtk print
menu.....

All right, I'm going to try to add more printers for the same USB
device. I hope it will work.

Thanks,

Laszlo