Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:09:43 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AWE 64 MIDI config -- I'm lost

Conrad Sabatier:
 |Here's my kernel config (relevant part only):

Thanks for the procedure write-up.  I've linked it off the web page.

 |Oh, one last quick question, any tools for playing with the AWE32
 |Equalizer? :-)

I usually just use the raw synth (FM) volume control in xmix myself.  But
for more equalizer controls, try sfxload options and/or the Reverb/Chorus
menu in drvmidi.

Prefered drvmidi settings for these can be stuffed in ~/.drvmidirc.

Randall

> sfxload -h
sfxload -- load SoundFont on AWE32 sound driver
   version 0.4.0   copyright (c) 1996,1997 by Takashi Iwai
usage:  sfxload [-options] [soundfont[.sf2|.sbk]]

 -b, --bank=number    append font to the specified bank
 -x, --remove         remove additional samples
 -A, --sense=digit    set attenuation sensitivity (default=10)
 -a, --atten=digit    set default attenuattion (default=31)
 -d, --decay=scale    set decay time scale (default=50)
 -M, --memory         display available memory on DRAM
 -B, --addblank       add 48 words blank loop on each sample
 -c, --chorus=percent set chorus effect (0-100)
 -r, --reverb=percent set reverb effect (0-100)
 -V, --volume=percent set total volume (0-100) (default=70)
 -L, --extract=preset/bank/note
                      do partial loading
 -P, --path=dir       set SoundFont file search path
   system default path is /usr/local/lib/sfbank:/dos/sb32/sfbank