Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 09:47:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@snafu.adept.org>
Cc:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>, advocacy@freebsd.org, Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>, Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Mike Hoskins wrote:

> Here's a thought...  if we have enough time to search GNATS to prove a
> point, or to write lengthy messages *bitching* about *bitching*, maybe we
> could set aside a wee bit of time to actually contribute to the project.

GNATS is easy enough to search :)  But your point is well taken.  I was
taking offense to Mr. Zepeda's implication that this was just another case
of "all talk, no action", when it certainly wasn't.  His statement had no
basis.

> Note to any reader:  Make no mistake, I am not at all attempting to take
> any side in this argument.  I am attempting to point out the foolishness
> in the argument itself, and, furthermore, attempting to remind myself that
> 'maturity' was, at some point, a FreeBSD trait.
>
> 						-Mike

It still is, as far as I'm concerned.  Flame wars like this are few and
far-between here, and it's an unfortunate reality that whenever you have
more than one person in a room, you're going to have differences of
opinion.  You can't determine a failed marriage on the basis of one
argument.

That said, I'd like to move on as well, and would like to volunteer my
efforts to the (new) advocacy site.

SB