Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:40:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Renaud Waldura <renaud@waldura.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need some help with PPPoE

We unplugged the ENet from a working Win98 box and plugged the ENet from
the ed0. The URL (and a handy hint from Manfred in direct email) both
point to 'ifconfig up ed0' which I didn't even think of! We had originally
looked at the PPPoE stuff on www.freebsd.org for directions. We had also
used user and passwd in the ppp.conf file, not papchap. We didn't have the
speed sync or crtscts stuff either. Thank you *very* much and we'll let
you know if it works.

I've loved FreeBSD for years and it keeps getting better! - Jy@

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Renaud Waldura wrote:
> See
> http://renaud.waldura.com/doc/freebsd-pppoe/
> for a complete article about PPPoE configuration on FreeBSD (comments
> welcome).
>
> Did you make sure your PPPoE connection was setup and working correctly
> before trying it out with FreeBSD?

	[ ... ]