Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 12:38:10 +0200
From:      "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre-lists@9online.fr>
To:        "Vulpes Velox" <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com>
Cc:        Hackers FreeBSD <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Darwin cmd import?

"Vulpes Velox" <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2004 04:07:32 +0200
> "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre-lists@9online.fr> wrote:
>
> > regarding the APSL (http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/),
> > do you think it is possible to import some darwin commands w/ mods.
> >
> > for instance, I thing to decomment and relpath from bootstrap_cmds,
> > sadc and sar from system_cmds, and maybe some others in the future.
> >
> > also, how about to import NetBSD shlock ? and CMU md (a sort of
> > mkdep in C) ?
> >
> > PS : decomment and relpath only need some mods while sadc would need
> > a large amount of mods, don't know about sar.
>
> Got links to what they do or any thing?

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3.4/bootstrap_cmds-44/
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3.4/system_cmds-279.6/

if the above link need to be registered,
let's try google "darwin +decomment" :)

> If decomment does what it sounds like, then it can be solved using
> grep... iirc it is possible to tell it to kick out all lines that do
> not match a patern...

thank you, but decomment isn't just a grep oneliner :P

relpath - calculate the relative path between two path.
decomment - get rid of C/C++ comments.
sadc/sar - system activity reporter (ac like, but more powerfull).

Cyrille Lefevre.
--
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net