Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:07:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.7-stable / crash

On 10 Mar 2003, Showkilr wrote:
> What version of Dell Bios are you running.. I noticed other odities with
> the PCI bus on the 1550 servers.. Even with Linux loaded.. upgrading the
> Bios to A07 Resolved the conflicts I was having on a few servers.. Worth
> a shot..

After skimming the archives, I'm pretty sure it's the BIOS.  This is a
pretty old 1550.

It looks like this has been an issue for awhile with Dell/ahc/fxp...  Matt
Dillon reported identical messages back in 2001 on a 2400 after upgrading
to A07, hopefully a later revision fixed the problem.

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/168/2001/6/0/5977650/

-mrh