Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:10:33 +0100
From:      "Marco van de Voort" <marcov@stack.nl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: yamaha japan relationships anyone?

> > Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > >
> [cut]
[cut again]
> If I have the drivers and disassemble them "real-time" directly from the
> files (dlls, etc) and view the 'source' on the screen what is the
> difference between this and viewing the 'source' on the printer? and how
> can you recognise the exact source when it is assembler and everything is
> so similar. And what about reading the hex dump :). What is 'a copy'?
> And what abot 'I don't know, it just worked. Really! cat /dev/random >
> ~/drivers.tgz' :)
> Anyway, how can one proof you've done something illegal?

Can't remember having said anything about how to practically implement it, just
said that it is illegal (as told to me by a Dutch Law professor when we had
copyright problems with partially reverse engineered Turbo Vision code)
Marco van de Voort (MarcoV@Stack.nl)
<http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/xtdlib.htm>;