Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:11:44 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager and linux-flashplugin6 removed

On Thursday 20 April 2006 22:25, Chris Whitehouse wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just cvsup'ed ports and run portmanager -s. Part way through it
> asks me if it can remove linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3 because of the
> licencing issue. When I say no portmanager quits. Actual output below.
>
> 1) Would it be possible for portmanager to at least allow me to complete
> the status request?
> 2) Since I installed linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3 before macromedia
> changed the licence shouldn't I be able to keep it?
> 3) Is the FreeBSD project required to make sure that I remove this port
> as opposed to bringing it to my attention that I may be legally required
> to remove it?

This is nothing to do, with the legal position. Portmanager just can't hand
this situation; all it can do is work on the assumption that the
functionality has moved elsewhere and remove the port to prevent conflicts.

You could try using the -ip option, or alternately restore the original port
contents, and do minimal maintainence on it yourself.