Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:22:41 +0000
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Vladimir <haba@aaanet.ru>
Subject:   [Fwd: Current]

forwarded as requested by sender.

Jens

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Current
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:23:13 +0300
From: Vladimir <haba@aaanet.ru>
To: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
<3F9AA3D8.9000303@liwing.de> <5714575171.20031026145709@aaanet.ru>
<3F9BBE2D.2040402@liwing.de> <1245107859.20031027122032@aaanet.ru>
<3F9CE69B.1040501@liwing.de> <863427343.20031027191934@aaanet.ru>
<3F9D9E9B.2010808@liwing.de> <16018225140.20031109164812@aaanet.ru>
<3FAE5C8E.3000709@liwing.de> <1665429171.20031110104235@aaanet.ru>
<3FAF537A.4070402@liwing.de> <2412292421.20031110123658@aaanet.ru>
<3FB0EAB5.70505@liwing.de> <12431944718.20031212005558@aaanet.ru>
<3FDA319C.7010803@liwing.de>

Hi, Jens.

I again have problems. :-) I have big problems with current freebsd
and try send my question to freebsd-current@freebsd.org maillist, but
i recive messages like this:
<current@freebsd.org> : FAILED (permanent error): RCPT response unsuccessful
or like this:
<freebsd-current@freebsd.org> : FAILED (permanent error): RCPT response
unsuccessful

I try to send that message:
   I install 5.1-Release and use it some time. Then i make cvsup to
   current and rebuild world. Now i coud not use my 2 hdd because on
   load FreeBSD can see only one hdd. I have 2 hdd ad0 and ad1. ad0
   with WinXP and ad1 with FreeBSD. When i say in bios to boot from my
   hdd1 (ad1) freebsd hangs on boot because my ad1 became ad0 and my
   hdd0 disappear. When i unpluged my hdd0 and leave ad1 as slave and
   boot with generic kernel alls work fine, but when i boot using my
   kernel ad1 became ad0. How to fix this bug?

   My kernel:
   ---
machine         i386
profile         2
maxusers        20
cpu             I686_CPU                # aka Pentium Pro(tm)
ident           GL_haba
options         SCHED_4BSD              #4BSD scheduler
options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         INET6
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             #Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 #Support for access control lists
options         NFSCLIENT               #Network Filesystem Client
options         NFSSERVER               #Network Filesystem Server
options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem (requires
PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                #Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         #Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         HZ=1000
options         IPSEC
options         IPX
options         IPXIP
options         HPFS
options         NTFS
options         SMBFS
options         COMPAT_SUNOS
options         NETSMB
options         LIBMCHAIN
options         LIBICONV
options         LINPROCFS
options         FB_INSTALL_CDEV         # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         PECOFF_SUPPORT
options         COMPAT_LINUX
options         COMPAT_AOUT
device          apic
device          acpi
device          agp #+
device          ata #+
device          atadisk #+                      # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd #+              # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd #+              # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atkbdc  #+      # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd   #+      # AT keyboard
device          bpf     #+      # Berkeley packet filter
device          cardbus #+
device          eisa #+
device          ether   #+      # Ethernet support
device          fdc #+
device          gzip
device          isa #+
device          loop    #+      # Network loopback
device          lpt     #+      # Printer
device          md      #+      # Memory "disks"
device          miibus  #+      # MII bus support
device          npx #+
device          pccard #+                       # PC Card (16-bit) bus
device          pci #+
device          pcm #+
device          plip
device          ppi
device          ppbus #+                # Parallel port bus (required)
device          ppc #+
device          psm     #+      # PS/2 mouse
device          pmtimer
device          pty     #+      # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          radeondrm #+
device          random #+               # Entropy device
device          rl #+           # RealTek 8129/8139
device          sc #+
device          sio     #+      # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports
device          sl      #+      # Kernel SLIP
device          splash #+
device          tun     #+      # Packet tunnel.
device          uhci    #+      # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb     #+      # USB Bus (required)
device          vga     #+      # VGA video card driver
---

When i use my kernel:
---
ad0: 38166MB <ST340810A> [77545/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100
acd0: CDRW <_NEC CD-RW NR-9300A> at ata1-slave PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad1s2a
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6
---

When i use generic kernel:
---
ad1: 38166MB <ST340810A> [77545/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100
acd0: CDRW <_NEC CD-RW NR-9300A> at ata1-slave PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad1s2a
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6
---

Can you help me and send my message to freebsd-current?

--
Regards,
  Vladimir                          mailto:haba@aaanet.ru