Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:23:54 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@dcfinc.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Lan - recommendations

"Chad R. Larson" wrote:

> We've had good luck with the SMC 2655W.  We've deployed 4 of them,
> and have roving coverage of our whole building.  They're SNMP
> managable, they publish the MIB, they support MAC filtering (folks
> may sniff your net, but they can't hijack it), do 128bit WEP, have

I'm not sure if the MAC filtering works as advertised there.  If
someone is sniffing your net, it's probably a good bet that they know
how to change the MAC address of their card.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer