Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:30:43 -1000
From:      NetOpsCenter <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Pietro Cerutti <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Jay Chandler <chandler.lists@chapman.edu>
Subject:   Re: Flash with Firefox 2

Pietro Cerutti wrote:

> On 3/16/07, Jay Chandler <chandler.lists@chapman.edu> wrote:
>
>> I can't be the first person to ask this, but a Google and a cursory
>> search of the archives don't lend me much in the way of hints.
>>
>> Anyone have a link or an explanation of how to get the Flash plugin
>> working within Firefox?  I've gotten Java up already, but Flash
>> continues to elude me...
>

> I'm currently running 6.2-STABLE, firefox-2.0.0.2,1,
> linux-flashplugin-7.0r69 and linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_7 and flash
> plugin works well on most of the websites I've been.
>
> Here's the relevant part of my /etc/libmap.conf
> [/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so]
> libpthread.so.0         libpthread.so.2
> libdl.so.2        pluginwrapper/flash7.so
> libz.so.1         libz.so.3
> libm.so.6         libm.so.4
> libc.so.6         pluginwrapper/flash7.so
>
> Don't forget to add the symbolic links required:
>
> # cd /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins
> # ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/flashplayer.xpt .
> # ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so .
>
> Hope this helps,
>

>> --
>> Jay Chandler
>> Network Administrator
>> Chapman University

Aloha.....

I've been following this thread since I have had many problems in the
past with FireFox and Flash.

I'm now running FreeBSD 7.0 CURRENT 200701 on a desktop box and loaded
the linux flash and it works fine so far with Firefox and Mozilla on
this box. It is a ASUS mobo - with a dual AMD 64 / 4200 clock

This install is way better than any of the ones I have experienced with
FreeBSD before. I have used FreeBSD  since 3.* early 1990's  if memory
serves me.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + noc@hdk5.net +
  + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +