Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:53:49 -0700
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How do I determine the port address of a NIC?

Hey guys/gals!

Okay let me get to the point here.  I installed a RealTek PCI ethernet card
which is NE2000 compatible because I just got a cable modem.  The card
works great under win95, but that's pretty much expected since it came with
drivers.  Although, it did come with a Linux driver.  I figured that the
NE2000 drivers would pick it up, and it did. :)

Anyways, it was detected just fine under FreeBSD although it was detected
as ed1, but I'm confused to why it wasn't detected as ed0.  Wouldn't ed0 be
the first NE2000 card on the system?  This is my only NIC in the machine.
All I know about this card is that it's on IRQ 10 and the I/O range is 6000
- 601F but that's about it.  How can I figure out what port it's on?  Maybe
if I new that I can change the setting when I reboot and enter the -c
command and go into visual mode.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Joey Bear Garcia