Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 14:00:16 -0700
From:      psykotron@geocities.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installation of FreeBSD using only a harddrive with DOS and ftp

Is there a possible way of installing FreeBSD without using a
CDROM or floppy disk?

What I was thinking of is downloading just the required files
to boot into the installation (from DOS) and download all the
rest from ftp, during the installation.

I found in the docuementation a reference to using install.bat
from the CD-ROM from DOS. Is this install.bat (and related files)
also present on ftp?

I also have Linux and BEOS installed onto the same computer
if any of those would be easier to install from then DOS or Win98
(both Linux and BEOS installed pretty much the same way I'm trying
to do now with FreeBSD)

I know that using the CDROM or floppy disk would make it *much*
easier to install, but that is not an option at the moment.
Besides if easy was the prime directive I would have just put up with
Windows :)