Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:50:19 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Sperber <sperber@w3.brgkepler.asn-graz.ac.at>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRQs/sec

Sperber wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it normal that there are around 220 IRQs/sec active?
> I have a AMD Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz if that matters...

<SNIP somewhat excessive .sig>

That's what I normally see. I believe the clk & rtc are clock and real-
time-clock. Both of which have to continiously run in order to keep
proper time. I could be wrong, however. That's a question for someone
more guru than I.

-Bill

--
It may be that true happiness is nothing more than the ability to *always*
know the right thing to say at the right time,  whereas true misery is the