Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:08:15 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Memory required to install FreeBSD?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to sort out PR docs/11852.  Can I anyone please tell me
(definitively) how much memory you need in a box in order to install
FreeBSD on it.

It certainly used to be 5 MB, some of the documentation says 8 MB, and
the PR says you now need 12 MB.  I don't have access to a low end machine
to test this out on, so I'm hoping one of you can let me know.

Cheers,

[ Not on -questions, please cc: any replies, thanks ]
--
 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs