Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:50:03 -0800
From:      Richard Schilling <rschi@rsmba.biz>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IRQ conflicts on RELEASE 5.2.1: Thinkpad 600x and PCM100

Just a follow up.  I got the card working by disabling ACPI, alltogether.

	crowd: "I got the card working by disabling ACPI"
	sorry - Airplane joke

Seriously, though.  After searching some more I realized that the ACPI
was rerouting IRQ requests, and read the FreeBSD page related to ACPI

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html#ACPI-SUBMITDEBUG

Disabling ACPI is done by setting the following in /boot/device.hints:

	hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

I tried to disable just a subsystem at first by putting
debug.acpi.disable="pci_link" but then the hard drive wasn't found and I
had to set the variable at the boot prompt to get running again.

So, being this is an ACPI problem, I'll work it through
freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org.

I'm not brave enough to use the apm device in lieu of acpi because the
man page says it can destroy batteries if you're not careful.

Richard Schilling