Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 95 09:27:28 EST
From:      wdg@eos.haystack.edu (Wei Deng)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation

I installed a freeBSD 2.0 system from floppy disks, but it won't boot
from the hard disk with IDE drives. I found that freeBSD can't accept
the BIOS disk geometry which has 64 heads and 63 setcors. I use
freeBSD fdisk to change the geometry into that FreeBDS prints out
when it's first booting off the floppy. I still coundn't get the system
boot from the hard disk. Do I need to change the BIOS setup geometry outside
freeBSD? If so, how to do this? The DOS fdisk offers little help to do this.

Thanks

Wei.