Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:55:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        avleeuwen@piwebs.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loader failure when booting from CompactFlash

In message: <25271.212.83.93.49.1087477105.squirrel@winston.piwebs.com>
            avleeuwen@piwebs.com writes:
: Is there something strange about the BIOS of this PC that requires special
: options for the bootloader? If not, is there a way to stop the system from
: rebooting so that I can see the error message?

You got the geometry of the CF wrong.  Fix that and try again.  I wish
that I could be more helpful, but I've had this error hundreds of
times and it was always the geometry in the fdisk being wrong.

Warner