Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:27:39 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quantum tape drive

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:38:43PM -0500, Jaime wrote:

> > In the last episode (Jan 28), Jaime said:
> >>       /usr/bin/tar -cvpX /usr/local/etc/backups/skiplist-relative.txt -f /dev/sa0 -C / .

[...]

> Any other thoughts before I try to OS update and the larger block size?

You list -v as a tar option. Is tar sticking on a file?

Another question is whether or not tar could be getting caught in a hard
link or symbolic link infinite loop? Look for duplicates in the output.
uniq(1) should be of assistance. Perhaps uniq needs a sort(1) to
preprocess, I forget?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net