Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:36:27 -0400
From:      Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   if_bwi on PowerBook G4

I'm trying to get a Linksys wireless card working on my PowerBook G4
(PC card, not built-in airport), and running into problems.  I've
loaded the firmware, but when I load the module, it prints the
following messages, and won't try again:

bwi0: <Broadcom BCM4318 802.11b/g Wireless Lan> mem
0x88000000-0x88001fff irq 58 at device 0.0 on cardbus0
bwi0: BBP: id 0x4318, rev 0x2, pkg 2
bwi0: MAC: rev 9
bwi0: PHY: type 2, rev 7, ver 3
bwi0: RF: manu 0x17f, type 0x2050, rev 8
bwi0: invalid antenna gain in sprom

I've googled, and seen successes on PowerPC, but not with CardBus
(which isn't enabled by default, so could contribute), and seen
reports with the same error message, but followed by the antenna gain
being read successfully.  I'm clueless as to how to proceed with this.

Any ideas?

- Justin