Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:50:34 -0500
From:      "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
To:        "Norm Vilmer" <norm@etherealconsulting.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Too many dynamic rules, sorry

.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norm Vilmer" <norm@etherealconsulting.com>
To: "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 9:41 AM

> Micheal Patterson wrote:
> > .
> >

> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Norm Vilmer"
> > <norm@etherealconsulting.com>

I don't recall if you're running ipfilter or ipfw on that system. I don't
know ipfilter well enough to assist yet, but with ipfw, if you have a
check-state entry above your keep-states, that may reduce the amount of
dynamic rule entries that you'll have. What the check-state does, is to
check the dynamic list, if an entry already exists, it stops processing
rules there.