Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:58:46 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Ken Krebs <schrade@schrade.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake2 - it works! (Single and Multi!)

> running Linux Quake2.  It works great for multiplayer!  There's a known
> problem with the linux quake2 binary - the Multiplayer 'join network
> server' menu is broken and Zoid knows about it and will supposedly fix it
> in the next release.  If you just use 'connect servername.blahblah.com' on
> the console, it'll work.
Brilliant :)

> I could only get it to run in a window under X.  I can't seem to get it to
> work with svgalib - I get this error when I try that (Yes, I installed
> Amancio's svgalib pack):
> Not running in graphics capable virtual console.
Its because the hacked svgalib doesn't support most of the functioanlity
needed for this.. The only reason it exists is so GLQuake will run, all it is
used for is getting keyboard and mouse events :)

At least this is my understanding of it.

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |