Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:48:13 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: my brother is making me learn FreeBSD...

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 09:18:25AM +0100, Nejc Škoberne wrote:
> >everything you run on windows can be run on Freebsd and more.
>
> Huh? AFAIK FreeBSD can not act as a domain controller for an Microsoft AD.
> And this is something you would need in a company full of Windows boxen.

You're thinking of it from the wrong direction.

FreeBSD can serve the same role to other Unix and Linux boxen that MS
Windows can to other MS Windows systems.

> And don't tell me I can throw away Windows and install FreeBSD on hundreds
> of clients (with so varying hardware that even Windows has problems
> sometimes).

Why not?  There's hardware on which FreeBSD will run and MS Windows will
not, y'know.  It goes both ways.

Isaac Asimov: "Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is
completely programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest."