Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:27:12 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Secure Shell ssh-1.2.27 is Almost Right but not quite.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Martin McCormick wrote:

> 	I installed ssh-1.2.27 on a Freebsd-4.3 system and did
> not quite end up the way I planned to.

FreeBSD comes with OpenSSH in the base system. Do you really need to install
ssh.com's ssh?

Maybe the problem is you are mixing the config files from both versions of ssh.

> 	The Command I gave to configure and build the package was
>
> ./configure   --without-x --with-idea; make -s;make install

Besides, if you want to install ssh.com's version of ssh in FreeBSD, it is
better to use the ports system, it will take care of the dependencies and
apply the relevant patches:

move the source tarball to /usr/ports/distfiles and then:

# cd /usr/ports/security/ssh/
# make

Hope this helps.

			Fer