Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:18:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@xtalwind.net>
To:        tuc@stormking.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Scott J. Ellentuch wrote:

> 	I looked around, and EVERY image is 1,474,567 .

Actually they are 1,474,560

>  Logic dictates to me that everyone should experience the same problem.
> But they don't.  I've formatted the disk a few times, there are NO bad
> parts to it. When you format a floppy, what is the final byte count?

Don't worry about the `final byte count' of the formatted floppy.  You are
writing a disk image to it, not a file.  It's the total disk space that
counts.

				512 bytes/sector
			x	 18 sectors/track
			x	 80 tracks/side
			x	  2 sides/disk
	 		  1,474,560 bytes/disk

The disk and the image are the same size so all is well with the world.
If you are getting an image file of a different size try using ftp, and
not a web browser, to download it.

Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@diamond.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD