Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:22:15 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Ron Smith <ronnet@mediaone.net>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't mount CD-ROM

Might need a little more info to help troubleshoot your problem, such
as what dmesg shows and possibly the pertinent section of your kernel
config.

FYI, if you have the device described in /etc/fstab it is not
necessary to give the full command to mount the cd. A simple "mount
/cdrom" will suffice.

For some reason whenever I send something to this list, I find myself
talking funny......

On Wed, 01 Mar 2000, in a never-ending search for
enlightenment, Ron Smith wrote: > I can't seem to find any mention of
the problem I'm having in the errata > or on the site. Here's what's
happening: >  > I'll go: >  > mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom >  >
the file system will mount just fine. >
> I'll go:
>
> umount /cdrom
>
> the file system will unmount just fine. But, if I try to mount again, it
> doesn't work. I have to reboot before I can execute a proper 'mount'
> after a 'umount'.
>
> 'cat /etc/fstab' says:
>
> /dev/acd0c	/cdrom	cd9660	ro,noauto	0 0
>
> Everything looks fine to me. I'm running FreeBSD3.4
>
> TIA
> Ron Smith

Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.