Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:12:01 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        "Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau@iki.fi>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: simh-3.9.0 is busy looping

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

On 2012-Oct-14 12:53:49 +0300, "Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau@iki.fi> wrote:
>It seems that simh-3.9.0 is busy looping and as a result also hogs one CPU
>to the max and prevents the system lowering the CPU clock frequency when
>there is actually nothing to do.

I haven't tried VAX but have used the PDP-11 simulator in simh for
quite a while.  On the PDP-11, simh originally used busy waits but
more recent versions can use blocking waits (at least in some
configurations).  I doubt that the issue is related to the FreeBSD
port and suggest you check the simh documentation and/or raise an
issue with simh.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW